This is the story of how three people learned just how simple adding a little adventure and travel to life can be.
One cold and snowy Friday in Ottawa we were debating whether or not we should go out. A movie seemed boring, bowling seemed too expensive, and getting some friends together seemed like too much of an effort. Instead we decided to drive to New York City on a whim. Approximately 30 hours later we arrived home from the Island of Manhattan stunned at how easy such a great trip could be.
It was quickly decided that this needed to be repeated. Thus the challenge was born: visit 12 cities in 12 months.
We decided on few rules:
1. Any metropolitan area can qualify as long as it is deemed interesting to the group
2. All three have to be present on each trip
3. Vacation days should be used sparingly
4. Visits should be planned disregarding any instinct to avoid being touristy
5. The overall budget is $1200 per person
6. Cities do not have to have their own individual trips but a full day must be spent in each
7. The 12th city must be visited before January 17, 2015
Come join us and see how far we can get!
If you would like to get in touch with us, shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi! We finished our challenge on January 10, 2015. Read our final thoughts on our Tally page. Bye!